Thursday, September 12, 2013

“It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” – Albus Dumbledore


These words are my inspiration. When I started reading Harry potter i was not even in my early or late teens. I was 24 years old. I was awestruck when i watched the first part "Harry potter and the Sorceress stone" as a movie when i was in college. By then i was determined to read the book. But unfortunately i was able to get hold of the book only after i got a job. The book entirely captured my brain. It went to the extent that after reading the book, I would get dreams in my deep sleep (visualization of whatever i read). Sometimes even I get dreams which were not even in the book. Once i finished reading the first part, I rushed to the store to get the next and subsequent parts. Sixth and Seventh part was not published by then. I used to stack up all the books near my pillow in the bed. Once i am back from work, i have dinner and start reading HP from where i left previously. It would go on till i fall asleep. There are times when i use to keep alarm at 4 'o'clock in the morning just to read Harry Potter. Sometimes i could not stand the suspense and just flip to the last page and make sure all the characters are healthy, fine and happy. J.K.Rowling, author of the book has done a fantastic job of making the audience to be glued to the book until they finish it. She has actually done a great work of making young kids to actually "read books" who are otherwise busy with social networks. Hats off to J.K.Rowling! I hope she writes lot more books like this. I keep wondering the power of her imagination and the strength to actually put in in words and make a novel out of it. The characters Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione are going to be immortal and be loved and cherished by all the current and future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment